Cleaning Your Lamp Shades
If you have velvet or silk lamp shades, you want to hire a professional to clean them. But for other types of fabric shades, here are a few handy tips. Shades are
huge dust collectors, so you want to be sure to clean them periodically .
For Fabric Lamp Shades
- Fill bathtub with lukewarm water
- Insert two capfuls of Woolite and stir
- Gently roll shade from side to side in the water
- Distribute water evenly over the shade
- Use a sponge or rag to help if needed
- Use damp sponge or cloth over the shade to rinse off solution
- Be sure to wipe inside and outside of shade
- Blot the shade dry with colorfast towel or paper towel
- Do not leave droplets on the shade to cause water spots
- Place on bottom rim on a clean towel on a flat surface
- Let shade air dry until completely dry
- Return shade to lamp when dry
For Non Fabric Lamp Shades
- For non fabric shades, use a feather duster outdoors to remove dust.
- Don't use a wet cloth or sponge. You'll just create mud on the shade.
- Replace shade if it gets too dirty. That's cheaper and healthier than living with a dirty, dusty one.
Quick Links for This Issue
Cleaning Your Upholstery
Cleaning Your Rugs
Cleaning Your Mattresses
Cleaning Your Drapes
Cleaning Your Wood Blinds
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Oven
Some Selected Free Tips
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or
Get Home Staging for Profit, our basic staging tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own house staging business. Start immediately with no prior experience. We
also teach interior redesign, the art of professionally arranging furniture and
accessories for clients.
Home Staging for Profit
Interior Redesign Business
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Wall Groupings: The Art of Arranging Art and Photos, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |