Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Of all the appliances I clean I hate to clean the refrigerator the most. I guess it's because it takes so long to do it that I avoid it like the plague. But cleaning
your refrigerator is important because of all the germs it collects. And because you spend a lot of money for this appliance, you want it to last as long as possible
while making sure all your food is contained in a sanitary appliance.
So you should give your refrigerator a thorough scrubbing on a regular basis. Here are a few tips to help in the process.
- Unplug or turn off the refrigerator before you start.
- Remove all the shelves and drawers.
- Each part should be washed separately.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda or your dish soap to a quart of warm water.
- Wash down all of the inside surfaces.
- Rinse all inside surfaces with clear water.
- Dry all inside surfaces with clean cloth.
- Wash the drawers and shelves in the sink and wipe them dry.
- Wipe down the door gasket (rubber bumper that seals the refrigerator shut).
- Wipe down the handle.
- Wipe down the sides and the top of exterior of the refrigerator.
- Use a disinfectant to wipe down the handles and exterior sides and top.
- You don't need to rinse off the disinfectant as it will automatically dissipate on its own.
- Doing this procedure will also remove germs from surfaces.
As I stated earlier, cleaning your refrigerator is a thankless task but a necessary one. Don't neglect to do it. You'll be glad you have a squeaky clean appliance
and it will make food preparation more enjoyable.
Quick Links for This Issue
Cleaning Your Upholstery
Cleaning Your Rugs
Cleaning Your Lamp Shades
Cleaning Your Mattresses
Cleaning Your Drapes
Cleaning Your Wood Blinds
Cleaning Your Oven
Some Selected Free Tips
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or
Get Home Staging for Profit, our basic staging tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own house staging business. Start immediately with no prior experience. We
also teach interior redesign, the art of professionally arranging furniture and
accessories for clients.
Home Staging for Profit
Interior Redesign Business
Home Staging Redesign Opportunity Video
TESTIMONIAL - "Barbara, I have been working feverishly on starting up my business. What do I do to send you pics of what I have done so far? I am actually heading out to do a home this morning that I had auctioned off my services at a wine tasting to benefit the American Cancer Society, and apparently the woman is very excited! I have been getting great feedback so far on everything I've done, and have hooked up with 2 realtors, one of which is having me do a presentation to their company! Thanks also for the newsletter, this last one was especially good.
So I need to know how to send the pics to you for before and after, and we can start getting started on my certification! Thanks!
Debi Wheatley, Designs by Debijo"
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Wall Groupings: The Art of Arranging Art and Photos, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2007-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |