5 Ways to Use Gold in
Here are 5 ways to add some element of gold to your decorating to warm up the space.
- Spread some sparkle around your rooms with reflective gold accent pieces. Anything reflective in a room adds a special element, especially at night as the lights play off it and cast shadows.
- Add a bit of Old World gold in your kitchen and give it that Tuscan feeling. Add a bit of terra cotta and grayed greens to pull it all together.
- Wake up to sunshine and lift your spirits by painting a wall or two in your bedroom a soft, sunny gold.
- Make your dining room table look rich and sparkling by adding gold-colored metallic napkin rings at the place settings and candlestick holders at the centerpiece.
- Change out your lampshades for black ones with a gold lining. This will add a nice glow to the room in the evening. Hopefully the lamp bases will be golden in color too. Wow.
Great New Looks for the Summer|
Enjoy the outdoors more by adding some special looks, a twist on an existing or new idea. Add color. Look for airy products that create a "light" look for that easy, breezy outdoorsy kind of feeling. Unless you have cats (and I wouldn't advise this look
if you do because it'll be too much temptation for them), consider string curtains. These are mounted on movable rods. Imagine how great it would be to see these flowing in the breeze.
I'm sure you're aware of the duette style of window treatment. Have you thought of using one outside? Not only can you add some color to your backyard porch or deck, but you'll add shade
mixed with an airy, open look. Naturally they should be removed or closed up during inclement weather.
Summer is all about lightness, softness, air, the outdoors, sunshine, cool breezes. Incorporate these types of feelings into your summer decorating and host a grand party. Your guests will love the new look.
Redecorating on the Cheap &
One way to redecorate in a flash and spend very little is with new decorative pillows. To start, you want a clean slate. So take everything out of the room except for your large pieces (sofa, side chairs, artwork, coffee table, lamps). Ignore the wall
color, but look at the color palette in your artwork.
- You'll need 5-6 pillows for the sofa, one for each side chair and maybe a few to pile near the fireplace.
- Do not think matchy-matchy. They don't have to match exactly but should complement each other and the room.
- Look for an interesting pillow that "pops".
- Choose a few that are the same fabric or chose five different fabrics.
- Make sure there is one common color in all the pillows to tie them together.
- Use print pillows on solid color sofas and chairs.
- Use solid pillows on print sofas and chairs.
- Get some large ones for a more designer look (18x24 or larger).
- Traditional homes get even number of pillows; all other styles get odd number of pillows.
- If you're buying covers, make sure the pillow forms are 2" larger than the cover so they will remain plump.
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
* PRICE & COMPARE
* SHOPPING CART
* DIAMOND RUBY COURSE
* DIAMOND DELUXE COURSE
* DIAMOND STANDARD
* SILVER COMBO COURSE
* BASIC STAGING TRAINING
* BASIC REDESIGN TRAINING
Barbara Jennings is author of 11 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself, Staging Portfolio Secrets, Staging Luxurious Homes,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Wall Groupings: The Art of Arranging Art and Photos, The Secret Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |
New Book Coming Soon!|
Creating a powerful, professional portfolio seems daunting, but it's easier then you think. I've got a phenomenal system of how to use your portfolio to rake in clients. Get my new book at its
pre-publication price and save $10 in the process.
Staging Portfolio Secrets